Job Description: Case Management Director
Position overview: This position provides support to patients and staff in accessing outside referrals to ensure better patient outcomes.
Interacts with: Providers, volunteers, patients, community networks and organizations
- Identification of patient needs and the ability to initiate formalized referrals for specialized services, such as drug and alcohol treatment, legal services, food security, financial and employment counseling, and housing support.
- Provide consultation to providers and volunteers regarding referral possibilities for patients.
- Educate patients and provide support programming (such as diabetes education and domestic violence support programs) for patients.
- Assist with Prescription Assistance Program application completion in coordination with the Avicenna Pharmacy Manager.
- Learn and keep documentation, including DAP notes, in Athena Electronic Medical Records Database.
- Network and coordinate with other community resources and agencies, requiring weekday follow-up by phone.
- Direct patients to resources to enroll in insurance plan marketplace. Address patient needs and assistance in educating patients regarding insurance transition and enrollment.
- Track the number of patients seen by the case management team, type of services requested, and any referrals made through the Athena Electronic Medical Records database.
- Send monthly reports to executive board and assist with quality control of record keeping in Athena.
- Build and sustain a case management team for ACHC including helping with the successful recruitment and training of a new individual for the case management director position by the time of exiting the position.
- When available, represent ACHC at various community networking meetings including monthly executive board meetings.
- In-service staff on programs and services available for patients.
- Collaborate with the other staff to help identify resources for patients.
- Network and create opportunities for potential partnerships with local social work programs (e.g., University of Illinois School of Social Work and Parkland’s Associate in Arts Social Work Program).
This position requires a highly organized self-starter who thrives on personal interaction and interprofessional collaboration. The candidate must be able to passionately and positively represent the mission of the ACHC to a wide variety of people and organizations. The successful candidate will have a passion for creative problem solving and possess strong empathy skills.
Education and Experience:
The successful candidate will preferably have a bachelor’s degree in social services, social work or other human service field.
Sundays from 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM. Weekday calls/follow-up with community organizations and patients as needed.
The position reports to the Executive Committee through the Executive Director.
Please send resume and cover letter to :
Jennifer Terry at email@example.com or call with any questions
(217)-417-5818 (Case Managment Cell)